Agrati La Bridoire is the division in charge of manufacturing the metal belts for furnaces within the Agrati France group, European leader in fastening solutions for the automotive industry.
Agrati La Bridoire have been manufacturing for more than 60 years the famous «Z» belt specially designed to meet the specific requirements of biscuit makers using feed through ovens.
The metal belts, also called metal bands, are long lasting and maintenance is quick and simple. Belts are made of carbon steel and can be made with a width of more than 1.5 meter and lengths up to 300 meters.
Agrati La Bridoire in France, is a 9000m² plant producing threaded fasteners and metal wires for belts. Forty years ago the « Z » series was launched for the baking industries.
« Z » belts provide key benefits for the customer such as lightweight, low heat inertia, high strength and good air circulation through the belt. These features position Agrati La Bridoire as a leader providing worldwide customer in the baking industry.
Belts are manufactured through a controlled process which includes :
4 types of belts to meet specific needs of the baking industry :
• Lightweight, reduced size and thickness
• Low heat inertia, good air circulation
• High quality, high strength. Edges are looped for greater flexibility and a better contact with drums – even of small diameters. Edge finish prevents the belt from being damaged by side guides and blades.
• Innovative manufacturing method that provides a perfect alignment of wires for larger open space into the meshes for the same strength. This is key for providing a quick and even baking and helps to keep the belt cleaned.
Loop Edges (thickness +8/10 mm)
• Guarantee longer life time to the edges and to the belt itself being far more resistant to lateral rubbing
• Avoid contact vibrations thus avoiding drop of biscuits in the oven and consequent fire risk
• Protection during cleaning and maintenance
• Greater flexibility and drum contact
|Wire diameter (mm)||1.2||1.5||1.0||1.3|
|Thickness of the belt (mm)||2.2||2.8||1.8||2.4|
|Weight/sq meter (kg)||7.0||11.2||6.5||7.4|
|Breaking strength (daN/cm of width)||240||390||160||220|
|Max. Width (mm)||1550||1530||1500||1550|
|Min drum diameter (mm)||300||300||300||300|
Installation: Prior to starting up the conveyor belt, cut the belt to secure the longest possible stroke for the tensioning drum. Tension of the belt must be sufficient to prevent the belt sliding over the driving drum. In any case please ensure that the belt is in the right direction (painted arrow).
Recommendations: It is recommended to change the belt every 3 years when normally used (3 shifts). For more intensive use or very high temperature furnaces expected life can be reduced. Normal lead time for a new belt is from 6 to 10 weeks.
Mr. Florent Zanotti
Boite Postale 7
73520 La Bridoire – France
Italy / Germany
BEARCAT beni industriali s.r.l.
Via De Francesco 23/1
23848 Oggiono LC
Phone – Fax: 0039 0396829514
Mobile: 0039 335271790